This policy is directed only to residents in the United States. TestMeSTD.com cannot provide services to residents of any other country.
Information we Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) - Voluntary Information Provided by You: From time-to-time you may provide information that may identify you personally, such as if you submit an email, order, request or communication to us through the Website.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII) - Website Usage Information. Cookies, IP Addresses and Logs. We may employ "cookies" to collect information about you and your usage of the Website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer and collects information about how you use our site. We also gather information about your individual use of our services, such as types of data accessed, times and volume of use, duration of sessions and other similar usage or system data. If you are not logged into our site but are browsing the site's public areas, we log IP addresses and domain names. We cannot use this technical Non-PII to identify you personally.
How do we Use Your Information?
We ask for the minimum amount of information possible to process your lab test request and payment using your personal debit or credit card, which will be processed by PayPal or another contracted card processing company. We will use this information to process your order and to contact you if necessary. TestMeSTD.com does not store or maintain any credit card account numbers, personal account numbers, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, or state identification numbers. TestMeSTD.com will not share any billing information with any third party other than PayPal or such other payment processing service chosen by TestMeSTD.com from time to time.
How do we Disclose Your Information?
Disclosure to Service Providers
Agents and employees of Medivo, Quest, PayPal and other contractors of TestMeSTD.com are required to keep your information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out services performed on behalf of TestMeSTD.com.
Disclosure of Test Results to You
In the ordering process we will ask for your telephone number so that we may communicate “positive” or “abnormal” test results to you promptly. Please enter a correct and current phone number where we may reach you. Please be aware that our representatives or partners may call the telephone number you provide in order to give you important health information, which may include the results of your laboratory tests. Whenever we contact you by telephone, we will verify your identity by asking you for the personal verification code that you entered prior to discussing any order information. We will not leave any information on a telephone answering machine or voicemail system. Do not share this personal verification code with anyone. You authorize us to share information, including lab test results, with you over the telephone if you correctly provide the personal verification code to our representatives.
A licensed physician affiliated with Medivo will review all consumer requested tests and all laboratory test results ordered from TestMeSTD.com. Medivo and/or the physician are required by law to report certain results and findings to state or federal disease registries or comply with other reporting requirements.
Disclosure for Transfer of Business
We may disclose information you provide via the Website in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of our site, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets or other corporate change of our direct or indirect parent companies that affects us.
Disclosure for Legal Process
How is Your Information Protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards as required by law. We continually review our security procedures and mechanisms to maintain reasonable protections.
Links to Other Sites
The Website may contain links to third-party sites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, security or content.
Passwords and Personal Verification Codes
You are responsible to choose a password and personal verification code. Your password helps you keep your TestMeSTD.com information private and secure. Here are some important things to remember about your password:
- Use a password that is difficult for someone to guess but easy for you to remember.
- Your password should be at least 8 characters long.
- Use a combination of letters and numbers.
- Don't use your birthday, a family name, a pet name, or other information that might be easy for someone to guess.
- Do not tell anyone your password, including anyone from TestMeSTD.com. TestMeSTD.com employees will NEVER ask for your password.
- Remember to log out when you leave any computer.
- If you log into TestMeSTD.com from a public computer, do not use the "Save Password" feature.